CHAPTER CHAMPIONSHIP information
The LPGA Women Who Play Championship is the largest women’s amateur golf competition in the world and we want YOU to be a part of the fun and excitement. Members of ALL skill levels are encouraged to compete, so give the Championship a try and put your game to the test!
STAGES OF THE LPGA WOMEN WHO PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
- The Chapter Championship, an 18-hole local qualifying round held at each Chapter location
- The Semi-Final Championship, an 18-hole round held at 15 venues from June – August
- The LPGA Women Who Play Championship Finals is a two-day, 36 hole event
The LPGA Woomen Who Play Championship offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play Competition and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best ﬁts your game, personality and skill level.
STROKE PLAY COMPETITION
Stroke play competitors play in one of ﬁve ﬂights at the Chapter Championship qualifying event based upon their USGA Handicap Index.
INTER-CHAPTER TEAM SCRAMBLE
Inter-Chapter scramble teams consist of four (4) women who meet the eligibility requirements to play in the LPGA Women Who Play Championship. The team “handicap factor” is established based on the USGA Handicap Index of all four players.
TO QUALIFY, LPGA WOMEN WHO PLAY - SAN ANTONIO MEMBERS MUST:
• Follow the registration guidelines distributed by your local Chapter.
• Be a female, LPGA Women Who Play member in good standing.
• Have a veriﬁable USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted to your handicap record in the current year.
• Be a female amateur golfer as deﬁned by USGA Rules of Amateur Status and LPGA Women Who Play gender policy.
The Low Gross and Low Net Champions in each ﬂight are eligible to advance to Semi-finals. The ﬁrst place Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition winners are eligible to advance. Registration information for the Texas Semi-Final Championship will be provided at the Chapter Championship to all competitors eligible to advance.